A few facts about Sweden:
1. Sweden has the highest number of McDonald restaurants, per capita, in Europe.
2. The first ice hotel of the world was built near the village of Jukkasjärvi, in Kiruna district of Sweden.
3. In Sweden, there are more than 300 000 people, having the surname Karlsson.
4. Europe's largest shopping center is Nordstan in Gothenburg, and it consists of about 180 shops and 150 offices occupying 320,000 square meters.
5. The most popular souvenir in Sweden is the commonly seen "moose-crossing" warning sign along roads in Sweden. Swedes replace thousands of these traffic signs each year.
6. Sweden is known for innovation and inventions. It is the country that first offered the perfected zipper, the marine propeller, the fridge, the heart pace maker and even created your computer mouse. Not to forget the much-loved discount furniture retailer IKEA and fashion from H&M.
7. Sweden has more nuclear power plants than any other country in the world
8. The Stockholm Globe Arena contains the largest reproduction of the solar system in the world
9. Sweden has a population of over 9.6 million, 85 percent of which live in urban cities.
10. During Easter in Sweden, which is a well-known holiday here, children dress up and go from home to home asking for candy, similar to Halloween!
Did you know that...(turkish edition)
(1 year ago)
Libra Academy Recruits
(1 year ago)